Our hospitals offer respiratory therapy services to patients requiring oxygen support and airway maintenance. Services include: oxygen therapy through a variety of modalities, invasive ventilation through use of a mechanical ventilator, non-invasive ventilation through the use of a C-Pap, Bi-Pap or Vapotherm equipment. Our respiratory therapists are trained and highly skilled to care for patients with chronic and complex respiratory conditions. We are very successful in the weaning our ventilated patients from the ventilator.
One of our key focuses is the ventilator weaning program. We realize that no two patients are the same, so our ventilator weaning and management programs are very patient specific. The Repiratory Program goal is to advance our patients to their optimal level of health and independence through proven clinical pathways.
Advantages of our Respiratory Program
- Pulmonary Care Plans are tailored to meet the needs of each individual patient.
- The Patient Care Plan is updated weekly. Progresses toward goals are discussed with the patient and/or the family after each Care Plan update.
- Respiratory Therapists are on the unit 24/7 to assure the best possible pulmonary care.
- The Respiratory Team works in conjunction with nursing and therapy services to provide a multidisciplinary approach. Patients are gotten out of bed as cleared by the physician.
- Excellent patient/family education and training are provided to ensure they are part of the healthcare team and are able to participate in the process and progress.
- Low patient to RT ratio
- Ventilator Management and Weaning
- Respiratory Treatments
- Decannulation from tracheotomy
- C-pap and Bi-pap
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia Protocols
- Pulse Oximetry monitoring